It is no denying that video consumption online is a major deal on all platforms. Everyone is jumping in on the Livestream craze these days. According to Bold Content Video, "People spend three times more time watching Facebook Live on average compared to a video that is no longer live." They also have reported that, "Facebook has an average of 8 billion daily video views." Wowsers! Needless to say that video, live or previously recorded, is the way to go on the Facebook platform.
Going LIVE on Facebook can be frightening when you do not know the technical side of doing it. Here is a quick tutorial on how to practice going LIVE before you actually go LIVE.
Please note: Do not continue to go LIVE to yourself. You have to just jump in and do it.
1. First open your Facebook app on your cell phone. (Soon you will be able to go LIVE on Facebook on your desktop computer). You will see the status update area. This is the area in which you can post a status, pictures, video, check-in, or go LIVE.
2. Once you have done that, you will click on the LIVE button you see in the picture above. Once you click on the LIVE button, then you will see the picture below.
3. There are a couple of things that you should pay attention to in this picture. Please see the picture below.
The orange arrow is pointing to the camera facing option. Either you want the camera facing you or facing outward. This is what you tap in order to change that feature to your preference.
The yellow arrow is pointing to your audience level. On this picture my audience level is public. If you want to practice without it being public, you can change that option to be ONLY ME by tapping on the word Public.
Once you have chosen your camera facing position and your audience, it is now time to describe your LIVE video (white arrow). In this area, you want to try and catch the viewer's attention. Think of something catchy to go here that also lets them know what they are about to watch. Even though you will be practicing, it is still great to practice the titling as well.
Now it's time to go LIVE. Tap the blue GO LIVE button down in the right hand bottom corner (red arrow).
4. You should then be in a LIVE video as seen below.
My Facebook LIVE video on National Social Media Day (Q & A about social media)
5. When you are ready to end your LIVE video just press the Finish button at the bottom right corner of the screen. You will notice two options that you have to contend with. You can either post the video or delete it. Remember this video was broadcasted to ONLY ME so that option is still checked under "POST YOUR VIDEO REPLAY". If you want that option to change, you will have to change it. If you are just practicing and do not want to post it, just simply delete the video. If it was a great video then post it to your chosen audience. If you would like to save the video to post on YouTube, post the the video to ONLY ME. Then you will be able to download the video to upload to your YouTube channel or other video source.
I hope that this tutorial was helpful. Let me know in the comments below.
Tamell Green is a Tech savvy, PR specialist, also known as The Digital Midwife, who helps busy mompreneurs give birth to their businesses through social media marketing, web design, and PR essentials. She is a wife, mother of 3, and balancing it all through God’s strength. She is a graduate of the University of NC-Chapel Hill with a BA in Political Science and a Masters in Public Relations from FullSail University.
To learn more about Tamell, you can read her full bio. Please follow her on Facebook or browse this website.